Thursday, January 25, 2007

F*CK!!!

I just got back from a parent teacher conference. Seems as though Mud has been lying to me about a lot of things. Homework for the most part. Tests for parent signature not coming home, just mysteriously disappearing, science project not being done. Mud is going to fail 5th grade. She has a 25% in Social Studies. Reading she is doing ok. Math is a 68%. Science is a 49% with the major project due MONDAY!!! She hasn't even chosen a topic yet. The teacher gave her until 1 March to complete it. Granted she won't get full credit for it, but at least she won;t fail totally. She will have no playtime from now until she turns in her science project. She also has to get her daily planner signed by all her teachers every day. I felt like such a bad father when her science teacher told me she had done nothing on her project. All I could do was give him the blank-deer-in-the-headlights look. Her momma showed up about halfway through and then told me she couldn't help with the science project. No shit. She can't seem to find the time to spend more than 45 minutes a day with her daughter, why would I even assume she could help her with her schoolwork. Frell it all!!


Make a nice day.

No comments: