Friday, April 06, 2007

God's Plan?

Sometimes I wonder just what God's plan for me is. 15 years ago I was wondering if I would ever find a woman that loved me. Then on 2 July 1992 I met my ex-wife for the first time. We made out like hormonally challenged teenagers in a bar called FishHead's all night long.

2 years ago I was helping her pack her stuff to leave me and wondering why God would take her love away from me. 2 months ago I was again wondering if I would ever find a woman who loved me. I had a sort of relationship, but it wasn't everything. Then I met TG. I started talking to her to pass the time and before I knew it I was positive I had to meet her face to face and see if God meant for me to love her. 2 weeks ago I found out. If someone tells you there is no such thing as love at first sight, they are lying to you. I have fallen for TG big time. She seems to like me quite a bit as well.

Has this been easy? No. Someone else got hurt in the process, and I regret that very much. It was never my intention to hurt anyone at all. When I started talking to TG and decided that I had to meet her, I was unaware of how much this other woman felt for me. She never told me. She didn't know herself until I told her I was going to visit TG. Since she had been dating and making friends I didn't think I was the one for her, just a very good friend. Things change and people get hurt. I wish I could take away all the hurt and make everyone happy. But I am just a man, one who is not very smart when it comes to women.

Someday I hope I can talk to my friend again, but I don't know how long that will be. I hate to lose a friend. I cherish all of my friendships more than anything. In real life I have very few friends. I don't allow people to get close to me, because I know someone always gets hurt. Being in the military and moving around you always lose touch with your friends. I have friends all over the world, but I never get to talk to them anymore. An occasional email here and there doesn't always cut it. I have friends in Iraq and Afghanistan and other litter boxes on this planet. Will they all come home? I pray that they do, but I know that some will not. How many have returned home in a metal coffin already that I don't know about because I have lost track of them? I pray none.

What is God's plan? I pray to find out every night...

Tell your Pookie that you Love them and make a nice day.

No comments: