Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Tired

I am so tired tonight. I finally managed to crawl into bed and talk to Gorgeous for a little while last night around 2245. About 30 seconds after I hung up with Gorgeous, my pager went off. I ended up having to go in to work to fix an emergency problem because the person who was supposed to make a change to their workstations last month didn't do it. I finally got home at 0115 and crawled back into bed. Then the alarm went off. It sure felt like when I was young and just came home from the club!

The day wasn't bad though. I had to go to a meeting that all the promotees had to go to at 1100 and they even fed us. Then I was back at work for an hour and 45 minutes, then I had to be at the Enlisted Club to get ready for the promotion party. The promotion party was scheduled to start at 1500 but we got started a little early. I drank cokes all afternoon, but there were two kegs of beer and a fully stocked bar. There was also a buffet of snack foods so that people wouldn't be drinking on an empty stomach. Around 1630 I was heading out the door to come home when one of the guys from the office showed up so I took him out to where the beer was and bs'd for a while then we went inside to the bar and found several people from work in there drinking and having a good time. I just sat and laughed and had a good time listening to everyone tell stories. I can finally say that I saw a woman in her 50's shoot beer out her nose unintentionally.

Gorgeous called me while the party was going on so I didn't get a chance to talk to her for more than a minute. I had several people yelling to her that I was being very bad and that I was totally wasted. I was the sober one though. Hehehe. I had a lot of fun laughing though.

I think I am going to go to bed early tonight. Like maybe right after I post this.

Tell your Pookie that you love them and Make a Nice Day!!

No comments: