Friday, November 06, 2009

Kosovo

Well after a very uncomfortable flight from Atlanta to Frankfurt and then a search all over Frankfurt's airport trying to find Malev Airlines(Thank God I didn't have to get all my bags and shuffle them around with me, they actually got transferred all the way here)and then an uncomfortable flight to Budapest, a very fast run through Budapest Airport to make my connecting flight to Pristina, I made it.

Surprisingly my bags all made it as well. They were the first ones on the conveyor belt too. What does that tell you? They almost didn't make the flight to Pristina! Anyway, my sponsor and another guy met me right outside the airport by calling out my name before I ever saw them. Seems strange seeing USAF guys wearing 9MM Beretta's at a commercial airport in a former eastern bloc country. Tomorrow I get to be one of the guys carrying while we take the guy I am replacing to the airport so he can go home. He is going home a different route. Pristina to Switzerland to Paris to Atlanta. Maybe I'll get that route when I leave as well. Put some more pins in the map.

The weather here when I got off the plane was dick shriveling cold even with a winter coat on. It warmed up today although it has been very windy. I am actually glad that I had to bring all the cold weather gear the USAF issued me. I think I am going to need it.


Tell your Pookie that you Love them and Make a nice day!

No comments: