Thursday, November 30, 2006

Witness

Yesterday around lunchtime I witnessed a homeless man attempt suicide. He jumped out in front of a car that was coming toward me in the other lane. She hit him hard enough to throw him up and over in the air. She was rather freaked out to say the least. I pulled over into the middle turn lane and dialed 911. A couple of other people had already called it in. They must have faster fingers than me. I started to go check him to see if I needed to start CPR or just tell him to be still, but a guy in scrubs beat me there. This happened in the hospital area, so there were numerous people in scrubs. I just started directing traffic around the area so everyone wouldn't be all backed up and late. When the police got there several other people who had stopped stated that the guy had tried jumping in front of them as well. That is why the police deemed it a suicide attempt. When I finally got back on my way about 30 minutes later, my hands were shaking and all I could think about was him up in the air right before he hit the ground. I could have gone my whole life without seeing that. I certainly don't ever want to see it again.


Make a nice day.

No comments: