Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Truck

I had to take my new truck in yesterday. Seems the heater core decided it didn't want to hold antifreeze anymore and dumped it on the passenger floorboard. I got to the dealer around 9 and didn't get to work until 1130.

What took so long you ask? Well, I had to wait about 30 minutes for their shuttle to come back and pick me up to take me to the base. We were almost there when his phone rang and they said it would be an overnight stay for my truck and that I should come back so they could give me a loaner. That was fine with me, I was kind of hoping they would let me drive a GTO home for the night.

When we got back to the dealership it turned out they didn't have any loaner cars. They called the Enterprise dealer down the street and had them send someone down to come get me. They gave me a voucher for the rental car and away I went.

At Enterprise the guy asked what kind of vehicle I had being worked on. I told him it was an Envoy, and he looked at his list of available cars, then asked me if I would mind driving a Yukon. Umm yeah I think I could manage that. They brought around a brand new 2007 silver GMC Yukon. This thing was fully loaded. Power everything! There were so many damn buttons I was afraid to push any of them. That was a damn nice ride! I hated to take it back this evening. But I got mine back with no charge at all since it was under warranty still. I LOVE having a warranty!!

I was going to take pictures of it, but said screw it. No point since it was only a rental! The thing drank gas too. I still want one!

Make a nice day!

No comments: