Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Cold Shower

Cold Showers suck! Especially when you are outside fully clothed. Yep you guessed it on the first try, I wasn't smart enough to come in out of the rain. One of these days I'll figure out what dark gray clouds mean.

I was getting a little cabin fever since I had been inside since I got home from work and decided a little bike ride would be nice. So I went out and looked to see what kind of clouds there were and saw the aforementioned dark gray clouds. They looked far enough away that I could ride up to the beach for a few minutes and see what it looked like.

So I got out my bike and took off the 3 blocks to the beach and was looking at everything. There were only a few surfers here at my beach, but the one a quarter of a mile up the road seemed to have a lot of them, so I decided to take another short ride and see what was happening up there. I got there and had enough time to go up the boardwalk to feel a few drops of rain hit me. Hmmm, maybe I better head home.

I got on my trusty steed "Mongoose", and commenced to pedaling. I knew right away that I was in for a cold drenching shower since I could see the big heavy drops beginning to pound into the cement in front of me. GREAT!! I guess the Lord decided I needed a shower.

So there I was, tied up to the bed, motor oil smeared all over my body. She came in the room with a saddle and a set of jumper cables... oh wait wrong story!!

Sorry got side tracked there. Where was I... oh yeah pedaling into the rain. Within 100 feet of heading home I was drenched, the rain was coming down so hard I had one eye closed and my hand in front of my other eye so I could at least keep the bike on the sidewalk. Just as I was getting to my house it started to let up enough so that I could open both eyes and see where I was going. My neighbor was laughing at me since her and the kids had their garage open and were watching the rain fall.

I had to wring my clothes out before I came in the house since I didn't want to drip water all over everything. I got a lot of water out of them too. Course I only did a quick wring on my shorts since I didn't want to stand out front in my underwear too long. Some women might get the wrong idea that I'm cheap or something! (I admit I'm easy, just not cheap!)

That was my evening. How was yours? :)

I hope you made a nice day!

No comments: