Tuesday, July 25, 2006

PT

PT!! Yay!!

Yesterday afternoon I found out I had to take my annual PT test this morning. Great. I like having a long time like that to prepare for it. I figured I might as well go ahead and take it since I will be out of town next week, and I didn't want to have that hanging over my head the whole time I was gone. At least having taken it I can eat and drink and be merry and not worry about getting too fat or out of shape.

So this morning I get to the gym and when it is my turn to do pushups I cranked out 60 in one minute. My arms felt like jello afterwards but I did my personal best! Situps I didn't do quite as well, I only got 47 in one minute. I maxed out both of them as it was, but personal pride is something that isn't taken into consideration. For my run time I ran 1 1/2 miles in 12.53. Decent, but in order to max out my run time I would have to shave about 4 minutes off my time. Sorry it ain't going to happen!

I keep telling people who inform me that I can do better on my run, that I only have to run far enough to get in a vehicle and drive. I am not in the Army or Marines, I am in the Air Force. We don't do ground combat if we have a choice! Besides, my ass is lazy. If I have to hotwire a car to get the hell out of dodge, guess what? You got it! Somebody is going to have keys to a vehicle that isn't anywhere close to them!

Make a nice day.

No comments: