Saturday, July 15, 2006

Tired

I went to a housewarming party today. One of the guys who works for me recently moved into a new house that he had built. They did a very nice job on the house.

I made and brought two cheesecakes over. Everyone else brought the chips and drinks, and someone brought a watermelon. The host grilled hamburgers and hotdogs.

After we had all eaten he took us out on his boat since the house is on a small lake. We went tubing.
I hadn't planned on tubing, just going for a boat ride. I finally decided what the hell, its not like I have had much chance to do it recently. I had a great time doing that. When the adults finished he took the kids out and drug them around a whole lot slower.

While the kids were out being drug around the lake the rest of us adults broke out the cheesecakes. The women were astonished that a I could make a cheesecake that tasted that good. Felt good to hear that I can make a good cheesecake. Several of the wives told me they would be coming over to visit. Umm, how about I just give you the recipe?

After the kids were done, the topic of wakeboarding came up, since that is the reason he has a boat. He is a big wakeboarder fan. So three of us were brave enough to give it a shot. The first girl got up on her first try, but wiped out in short order. She had a couple more goes then finally called quits cause she was tired.

Then it was my turn. I managed to get up my first try and stayed up for a short ways then dropped the rope and sank down into the water and waited for them to come back. He wanted me to practice getting up again. Didn't do so good the next three tries. Actually ripped some skin off my pinkie. Didn't even notice it though. I was ready to quit and he said one more try and I managed to get up again. This time I swung out wide from the boat and managed to swing back and cross the wake. I almost wiped out a few times when I let board get a little flat and it wanted to skip across the water, but I managed to get it back under control in time. I finally got a little cocky and wiped out. When I got in the boat I realized that I had water in my sinuses and my ears!

I don't think my sinuses have been this clean in a long time! I am still trying to get the water out of my ears. I get the feeling I will have a wet pillow tonight.

So that is what I did today. I had a great time. I may have to see about going wakeboarding again in the future.

Make a nice day!

No comments: