Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Apartment

I have been apartment shopping the last few days. Not much fun trying to find a place to live in a foreign city where you don't speak the language. I finally found one and had the Housing office set up an appointment to sign the lease with the owner. When she got ahold of him, he informed her that he had decided to sell it instead of rent it out. GREAT!! He had another apartment in the same building, on the same floor. Same layout and everything just on the front side of the building. Oh and the bedrooms are painted in some BRIGHT colors. Pink, Fluorescent Lime Green, and Violet. It just so happens that the master bedroom is pink. I asked if he would be willing to paint the master bedroom some sort of white or cream color. He agreed. So tomorrow morning at 9 I get to sign the lease with the landlord. The FMO can't deliver the furniture stuff until the afternoon of the 10th so I am stuck in this hotel until the 11th. I need to get a KentKard for the bus system here. Either that or find someone in that building who works where I do and see if I can't bum a ride from them on a somewhat permanent basis. At least until the weather gets a little warmer and I feel comfortable riding my bicycle that far.

And another thing, why do they eat dinner so dang late around here? It is pouring outside right now and I am starving, but the hotel restaurant doesn't even open until 7! OK enough whining.

Make a nice day!!

No comments: