Monday, December 03, 2007

Izmir

I have been here for 5 days this will be my 6th. I feel like everything is dirty here, the streets, the smells. Then I go inside somewhere and it is almost spotless. I guess just like everywhere else I will get used to it. I am going apartment hunting again today. In fact I need to hurry and type this so I can head over to where they pick us up at. I have no idea what area I want to check out, so I am just kinda going along for the ride. I went down to the restaurant this morning for breakfast. It is definitely different. They had honeycomb out on the buffet. If you wanted honey with your breakfast, you literally cut some honeycomb and put it on your plate. I also had some dates, and olives, peeled tomatoes (yes peeled), cucumbers, couple different sliced meats that I have no idea what they were (I didn't ask), pears, peaches, and numerous other things I didn't try. I did have a cup of coffee that I needed really badly. I think it had more caffeine than I am used to since I can't stop bouncing around now. Time for me to brush my teeth and head out into this strange land and see if I can find somewhere that I will be living in the next week.

Make a nice day!

No comments: