Sunday, December 16, 2007

Internet

It sucks not having internet at home. I finally found the correct office I needed to go to in order to request telephone service at my apartment. I walked through some neighborhoods that I definitely wouldn't feel safe walking through at night!! So the connection date for my telephone is 26 Dec. After I have a working phone line I can apply for DSL. @#$!@##@ I doubt I will have internet at the house before New Years. Cable internet isn't available in my building, so I'm not getting cable. I can get AFN, but that is just one channel, and I will have to buy a multi-system tv. I probably won't have tv at all. So I guess for the next few weeks I will be spending a lot of time at the club since they have free wireless.
I have been walking everywhere that I can get to without riding the bus. There are places where I have to ride the bus to get to cause it isn't feasible to try to walk there. I had my first issue with the buses yesterday. I was told that if you ride the bus somewhere you can get back on the bus going back to where you came from by just going to the bus stop across the street. I tried that yesterday. NOPE!! Turns out the bus stop I needed was the next block down, but I didn't learn that until an hour and a half later. When I finally got back to this side of town, the Christmas Party had started here at the club so I couldn't get on the internet last night. So I walked back to the apartment. The apartment is very nice, but it is empty. Sure there is some furniture there, but that is it. When I am there I am in my bedroom most of the time. I guess I will get settled in more in the near future.

I hope you all make a nice day, and tell your pookie that you love them!!

No comments: