Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Bike

I was riding my bicycle last week and suddenly felt something wrong with it. I looked down and saw that the chain had come off. No big deal, just put it back on and later on tighten the chain some. Nope. Something was wrong with the gear set. They were loose. @#$**&#@$###@!!!! Ok I can still fix that later. I had to walk it home though which irritated me.

After work I took the wheel off to see about tightening the gear set. Problem. It is a freewheel set. Which means the gear set doesn't come loose. I then thought for a minute and said to myself "Self, how can it be loose?" Then I had the idea to count the gears! Whoo hoo!! 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, ummm wait a minute. Lemme count those again. Still came up one gear short. ##$(*#(@*!!!!! One of the gears broke off and departed my bicycle.

OK. So this means I am going to have to spend a little money. I took the wheel down to the local bike shop and they looked at it and said, "We can't get an 8 speed freewheel. They don't make them no more!" WTF?! This bike is less then 3 years old! Son of a butch!!!

They told me to leave it with them and they would see what they could do about getting a 7 speed freewheel assembly mounted on it. More cussing after I left. I didn't want a 7 speed, so I started looking at mountain bike wheels with shimano cassette type gears. I found some really cool ones that I liked and bought them! So now I have a box with new wheels in it sitting in the garage for me to trnasfer the old tires on and them put them on the bike and go have some more fun!

Make a nice day!!

No comments: