Monday, June 26, 2006

TANSTAAFL

Who can tell me what the title means?

Yesterday after it cooled down some I decided I had better mow the grass since it was looking like I could park a Chevy van in it and lose it. As I was finishing up the backyard I kept smelling the neighbors grill two houses down. He was grilling some steaks and they smelled DAMN good!! So I made up my mind that I would go have one myself.

When I finished the yard I got cleaned up and smelling decent again and went down to Texas Roadhouse where the nephew works. Since I was by myself I just went and grabbed a bar table and waited. "Dan" came up and took my order and I sat there and watched the cute little redhead waitress with the really tight jeans on. She was either commando or wearing a very tiny thong cause those jeans were so tight everything was shown!!

About that time the nephew comes around and sees me sitting there and he goes and grabs a drink and comes back out and sits with me for a few minutes. The manager brought my salad out and he introduced me to her. Cute but married. He then proceeded to tell me about "Dan" and how he was the MVP of the Wednesday lunchtime sand volleyball team.

Anyhow he went back to work and I got my dinner and talk to "Dan" for a minute before he continued on. When I was done and time to go "Dan" came up and said I was good to go the bill had been taken care of. I thought COOL! Free steak dinner. Then I sat there and felt like an ass becasue I had NO cash on me whatsoever! Since they weren't going to give me a bill to pay with my credit card, I couldn't leave a tip. Lovely. I ended up walking out of there not leaving a tip, and feeling like an asshole for not leaving one.

When I see the nephew I'm going to tell him to stop doing that crap. I don't mind paying the bill for something I ate. I also need to find out some info about that waitress...

Make a nice day! :)

No comments: