Thursday, August 10, 2006

Song, no HNT

A song I have recently found that I like is Gary Allen's Life Ain't Always Beautiful. Sorry folks but I don't think I will be posting HNT's anymore. At least not on a regular basis, since I have not been posting anything on a regular basis lately. I guess I have hit the point in blogging where I don't feel like writing anything regularly. Like most everyone else, I started my blog as a sort of therapy. It helped in the fact that I met many people who took the time to talk to me and give me advice and just be there when it all got to be too much.

I have to thank Blondie for my life. Back in January, I found myself sitting in the back yard up against a tree. I held my .357 in my hand, loaded with a single semi-jacketed hollowpoint. I figured the tree would stop the bullet from going any further and hurting someone else. Outside was good because clean up wouldn't be very hard. As I sat there preparing myself, something Blondie said to me came to mind, "What about your daughter?" That was when I got up and put it away. I haven't taken it out of the case since I put it in there. Thank You Blondie.

I have actually had that paragraph written for a while now. Seems like when ever I decide to post it, I get cold feet and hit the save as draft button again.


Life ain't always beautiful
Sometimes it's just plain hard
Life can knock you down, it can break your heart

Life ain't always beautiful
You think you're on your way
And it's just a dead end road at the end of the day

But the struggle makes you stronger
And the changes make you wise
And happiness has it's own way of takin' it sweet time

[chorus]
No,life aint always beautiful
Tears will fall sometimes
Life aint always beautiful
But it's a beautiful ride

Life aint always beautiful
Some days I miss your smile
I get tired of walkin' all these lonely miles

And I wish for just one minute
I could see your pretty face
Guess I can dream, but life dont work that way

But the struggles makes me stronger
And the changes make me wise
And happiness has it's own way of takin' its sweet time

No, life aint always beautiful
But I know I'll be fine
Hey, life aint always beautiful
But its a beautiful ride
What a beautiful ride


Make a nice day.

No comments: