Monday, August 21, 2006

A trip

The trip went well enough. It took 11 hours of driving to get there. I am glad that I took my daughter to see grandpa. He won't be around much longer and this gave her a chance to say goodbye to him. On the way home last night I let her call her momma and tell her everything. I was only half listening to her talk when she told her momma that Grandpa was going to be "taking a dirt nap" real soon! OMG I about laughed my ass off, since that is something that only he would tell her. She seems to have the understanding that he will be dying soon since the doctors have only given him a couple of weeks to live, and that was a couple of weeks ago.

I gave her the camera while we were there and I told her to take pictures, so she had a blast with that. I will have to download them and see what I can post. The scenery there is very beautiful, and where we were is way back in the mountains so far that my mom told me to call her when I got to the Flying J and she would come get me. When we finally got to the house, I told my step sister that if I heard any dueling banjoes, me and my daughter were out of there!! Sorry Summer!

That was a few things from my weekend. I will try to post the pictures later today. Make a nice day!

No comments: