Monday, January 09, 2006

Touch

I have to admit that I have been feeling very lonely lately. Over New Years my wife gave me several hugs and they made me feel good. Just the touch of another human being felt nice. Yesterday I was feeling very lonely and unwanted and hoped that I would get a hug from her. I didn't. Even when I asked for one she was busy watching a TV show, so I just left after telling my daughter goodnight. I got a hug from my daughter, but it isn't the same as a hug from an adult female.

It seems like every morning I wake up, cold and lonely and can't really see a good reason to get out of bed except that I am in the military and I have to go to work, or I need to get my daughter ready for school.

All I really wanted for my birthday was for her to hug me and hold me and tell me it would be ok. Even if it was a lie.

Make a nice day.

No comments: