Monday, November 14, 2005

Weekend

This weekend was pretty good. I got called by my wife when I went home for lunch on Thursday. It seems as though our daughter had gone to the nurses office feeling sick and they wanted us to come pick her up. My wife was in class, so she couldn't go do it. I went ahead and picked her up and asked the nephew to watch her until I could get off work. So I managed to get out of work about 1330 on Thursday and had a long weekend. She started feeling better later on that night. So she was with me Thursday night and all day Friday. We decided to go to Chinese for dinner and I called my wife to see if she wanted to meet us there and eat then our daughter could go home with her. When we met up the first thing my daughter said to my wife was, "Can I stay with daddy tonight?" Surprised me and my wife, but we both agreed. So we were eating dinner and they have crab legs on the buffet. They are too much work for the amount of food to be worth it to me, but my wife likes them. So she was eating them and is notorious for splattering other people, she ended up splattering her shirt with some stuff and proceeded to wipe it off. Then she asked if she got everything and I pointed out a spot she had missed on her breast. She said where so I pointed closer and she just moved it onto my finger and asked me to get it for her. Damn her!! So Saturday I tried to call her to see if she could watch our daughter for a couple hours while I went on a bike ride. No answer. She finally calls back around 1400, and asks whats up. I told her what I wanted but it was too late by then. She said she just thought it was our daughter. Lovely. So around 2300 on Saturday, I was talking to someone special on IM and the phone rings. WTF?! Who calls that late? So I answered it and it is my oldest step-daughter. She just wanted to talk and try to find out what was going on with me and her mom. She is upset with her mom too over this. I told her she needed to give her mom, love and support, because she truly needed it. As the conversation went along I found out that she didn't feel safe living with Granny, because her uncle was living there also. Unfortunately he is an addict and has had some run ins with other people. This guy is in his 50's btw. So she wanted to get out of there but feels like she has no where else to go. I told her she could come back down here, but she doesn't have a way to pay for the car Granny bought for her. I tried to make sure she understood that if she wanted to come home she was more than welcome. Space might be an issue, but she was welcome. I had to stop the conversation I had going with the person I was IM'ing to follow along with what my sd was talking about. She tends to talk alot. We finally got done around 1230. So I txt'd my friend and told her goodnight. I felt bad for blowing her off like that and apologized on Sunday. She understood. I think at first she thought I was dismissing her for another woman. Sunday was busy too. First church, then grocery shopping, then finally I had to take my daughter back to her mom. Last night was some more conversation and bed. Now this morning when I got here I had so many tasks in email that I made a list. 10 items that I need to take care of. So what am I doing first? BLOGGING!! :) I better get to my list. Tell someone you love them and Make a nice day!

No comments: