Monday, February 27, 2006

Couch II

I went couch shopping yesterday. Not alot of fun. I already knew which one I wanted so I drove to the store. When I walked in, two salesmen who were bullshitting looked at me and went back to bullshitting. Didn't welcome me or anything. Ok, maybe they were hot and heavy solving global warming or something. I wander around for 15 minutes to find the one that I wanted. I sat on it, laid down on it. Decided yep it was comfortable enough. Sat there for a few minutes, waiting for any salesman to ask if they could help me. Finally got up and wandered around some more, there were 5 salespeople sitting at a dinette set bullshitting, not one even looked at me. WTF? I wasn't dressed like a bum or anything. I looked presentable. I went and sat back down on the couch and waited. I tried out the loveseat too. 30 minutes I sat and waited for any salesperson to approach me, not a single one did. I figure that they must be doing ok on commissions so I got up and walked out. I almost asked to see the manager, but I was so mad I figured it probably wouldn't be a good idea. So I left and drove down to the LazyBoy store. The minute I walked in there, a lady asked if she could help me. I had been there previously and asked if the lady who had helped me before was there. She wasn't so I told this woman, who turned out to be the manager, about my treatment at Rooms To Go, and took her to the couch I wanted there. She was very surprised and asked if I wanted a loveseat to match. I told her no, just the couch, when can you deliver it. Paid my money and left. They are delivering this morning. That's why I am sitting at home typing this. I spent more than I wanted to, but I got a very comfortable couch. I went online to check Rooms To Go's website for a complaints box, but guess what? They don't want to know which store is screwing up and don't have a complaints box. Too bad.

So other than that I had a very enjoyable weekend. How was yours?

Make a nice day!

No comments: