Sunday, February 19, 2006

hmmm

Well this weekend was sort of interesting. Friday night at 10:15 I got a call from my soon to be ex-wife. I had been drinking and had a really nice buzz. She got an email from her mom who said something to the effect that since she no longer talks to any of her family anymore this new guy she is seeing must be pretty damn special, so thats why she called me. She almost but not quite accused me of telling her mom all her activities, which I didn't. I was a little upset about her saying this so I sort of let my mouth run too much. I have heard the saying, "A drunk man's words, are a sober man's thoughts." Very true. We "talked for about 15 minutes and I finally hung up on her. Then I sent her a text message saying that she ruined a perfectly good buzz. She didn't answer. HAHA!! I wonder why.

So the next day she brought our daughter over and dropped her off. Didn't say hi to me or anything just brought her in, picked up the knife block and her mail and left. Talk about being grumpy.

This morning I texted her and asked if she wanted to eat lunch with us and she declined saying she had eaten a late breakfast. I informed her that we would probably eat around 1 so she could eat with us anyway. She refused again. Then I asked when she was picking our daughter up and she answered 2:30. Which she is supposed to pick her up around 1. So I sent her back that no 2:30 wasn't good for her to pick her up and I would bring her over there at 1. She finally called me after I got home from church and said that she wasn't home so 2:30 was the best she could do. I told her she needed to get her ass home because I already had plans since she had turned down my offer of lunch.

She wasn't happy. Too damn bad. I compromised for 1:30 and had our daughter there waiting when she finally showed up 5 minutes late. Figures. I kissed her goodbye and left without talking to my wife.

So later I called to see if I could get our daughter again tonight since she is out of school and I am off work tomorrow. I asked if she wanted to eat dinner with me and in exchange I would take our daughter for the night. Yeah I'm an idiot. It worked out ok though.

During dinner our daughter was playing with an ice cream spoon and said she wanted 9 inches. My wife said she did too. I held it until our daughter went back for more ice cream and was out of earshot before I answered "Come over later and I'll give it to you 3 times!" So we were both laughing like idiots in a busy restaurant. SHe was telling me, that I should have said 1 and a half. Gee thanks. I thought 3 times was funny, but 1 and a half just sort of hurts my feelings!

So when I dropped her off I got a hug for my efforts. Better than a cold shoulder.

Make a nice day!

No comments: