Friday, June 24, 2005

Anniversary

In 8 days it will be 13 years that my wife and I met. It was 2 July 1992. It was a wednesday night and we met at a bar called "Fishhead's" in Destin Fl. I seem to recall that evening very well. It was probably the most fun I ever had when going out bar hopping. Now my wife is making sure that she is gone from the house when I will be there. She leaves the house about 1030 to 1045, so that she will be gone when I come home for lunch. She comes back around 1330. Says she was just running errands or at the beach. She used to say that. Now she doesn't even acknowledge that she wasn't home. Yesterday she had a dental appointment at 1500 and was still gone when I left for school at 1630. Evidently she came home shortly after I left. She left again about 1845. I came home from school to find a dark and empty house. I tried to call her on her cell phone, but she no longer answers when I call her. She has caller id you see. She lets it ring and then she will check her voicemail. So anyway I called her last night to see if she had eaten yet thinking that maybe we could go out for dinner together. But of course there was no answer. I texted her and still no answer. I finallt gave up and went to see if I could find something that appealed to me, bu tno luck. When I finally got home around 2030 she was there. She was shaving her legs and watching tv in the bedroom. I tried to talk to her and all she said was that she tried to call me on her way home from the dentist appointment but that I had already left for school since I didn't answer. What was she thinking she was going to do? Stop time so we could eat dinner together? So the D word came up again last night. I asked her what she intended to do with our daughter. She said, "Take her with me!" So I asked her where was she planning on living? How was she going to support herself and our daughter? She said she would find an apartment and a job. I told her to leave our daughter with me since I am in base housing and it is the school district she wants her in. There is no way that she can afford an apartment in this school district. Hell I can't afford an apartment in this school district! We are also supposed to be getting a new house that is being built. Which we both want. So I go home for lunch today thinking that maybe she would be there so that we could spend some time together, but from the looks of things, she came home from the gym late, changed clothes, sprayed on some perfume and left. Just to be away from where she thought that I might be. I called her cellphone to see if she would be home or somewhere that she would like to eat at, but once again, voicemail. I left her a message stating that I was calling to see if she wanted to eat, but since that she was now doing the hiding thing from me I supposed that she didn't. I told her that that hurt more than her being at home and ignoring me. Not that she will care anymore I guess. I really don't know how much longer my heart can take this. I am starting to get the idea of just how much a broken heart actually hurts.

No comments: