Monday, June 13, 2005

Lost

I bet that these entries entitled "Lost" are getting old. I just don't have the desire to try to think up some witty title for every entry. The weekend was pretty much another bust. She stayed as far away from me as she could. Friday night we went out to pizza, I figured she would dissappear somewhere after we got back, but she didn't. Just went in the bedroom to study. Saturday she went out "looking around" for most of the day. She came back in time for us to go see the movie Madagascar. Our daughter enjoyed it. After that she grilled some steaks for dinner. I assumed she would go out after that, but once again she surprised me by staying home. Although she did go outside on the swing "studying" until after it was dark. Sunday morning she got up early and went to do her community service. She got home around 1230. We had some lunch and then she went outside to the swing again. I sat around inside trying to think of something to do. Finally I gave up and went out to mow the yard. She decided to lay out for awhile so I mowed the front yard and waited for her to come in so I could do the back yard. After I finished I got cleaned up and she was studying in the bedroom. She fell asleep so I just left her be. I mixed up some pancake batter for dinner and she came out a little after five so I started cooking them then. By the time I finished cooking all the pancakes and got ready to sit down and eat, she was finished and got up and went outside again. She stayed out there until I put our daughter in the tub, and went out to see if she was going to wash her hair or not. She did. She went back out after that though. I went in the bedroom and tried to do some homework. I finally gave up and went to finish up my chores for the night, then went to bed. I watched tv until she finally came to bed. Is this really worth it? Will it ever get better? When I leave tomorrow for a week, what is she going to do? Is there going to be a "guest" come visit for several days? Or will the house be utterly empty?

No comments: