Friday, September 30, 2005

Good guy?

So my soon to be ex-wife tells me that I am one of the good guys, and that I will make some woman very happy. If I am one of the good guys, then why doesn't she want me? Did she decide that she wants a bad boy? Or did she start to play for the other team? Why doesn't she love me anymore? Sorry, I am just having a bit of a rough morning. Today is her birthday, and before I left for work this morning my daughter wanted to give her the gifts, so we did that. She at least told me thank you and I got a hug. Not just a quick one like she has been giving me, but an actual hug that lasted a minute or so. I forgot how nice that feels. Now I am even more lonely. She is supposed to be moving stuff out today. She is trying to borrow a truck from someone. I told her that I didn't want any strangers in my house. Period. If I am there it is one thing, someone wandering around my house with me not there is something else entirely. And she is taking the console TV. I have hated that thing since the day we got it 10 years ago! Just because it was a console it cost more than a regular TV, so we got a smaller screen. So I need to go TV shopping either today or tomorrow. And I'll have to get something to sit it on.

It is strange this morning. I feel happy, but I also feel depressed. What is going on with me? Am I feeling good because I got a hug this morning? Am I depressed because she is leaving me? Am I happy because she says I am one of the good guys? Where does a good guy go to meet a nice girl that I can take home to mom? Do I go home to small town America and see if I can find one there? Do I hang out at the beach and become a bitter, lonely old man?

I guess I better quit. I keep asking questions and I don't know if there are any answers. Tell someone how much they mean to you and make a nice day.

No comments: