Thursday, September 29, 2005

Lease

Well she signs a lease for an apartment today. She says she is going to start moving tomorrow. Which also happens to be her birthday. I don't know how I feel about it. I will be happy that I don't have to get hurt by her coming and going, but I will be sad that I have failed in that aspect of my life. I went to the legal office yesterday to try to figure out how much child support I should pay. The lawyer I got opened my eyes some and gave me some information I didn't know. I assumed that since we were married for more than 10 years she would get half of my retirement. Turns out she would only get a little over a quarter. Which is still more than she deserves. As far as the child support goes, if we go with shared custody which we are trying to do, and I don't agree to a dollar amount each month the judge will look at how much time our daughter will spend with each of us and it looks like I would only have to pay half of what the state says the full amount should be. That is if he even awards any child support at all because we would be doing shared custody. Which is 50/50. Do I want to be an asshole? No. Am I tired of being used? Yes. I get the feeling that she will drag her feet as much as possible on filing for divorce, because she knows that the amount of money she will get from me will drop drastically. I have to support her to some degree still because the military says I will support my dependents. I don't know what I will do in a house by myself. It isn't even worth cooking for one person. The nephew is going to stay with me, but he is hardly ever home. He is still young enough that he can go out and party all night. Funny story about him. The other day he was eating lunch at Wendy's before he went to class, and these two hot chicks come in. When he was finished he started out the door and they came up and asked if he could give them a ride back to school. He said sure, thinking that they were FIT students also. When they were in the car and he was heading toward school he asked what they were majoring in at FIT. They then informed him that they didn't go to FIT, they went to Melbourne High School. Needless to say when they wanted his number so they could call him to go party he didn't give it to them and tried to get them out of his car as fast as possible. We got a good laugh about that. So now he only talks to women in bars that he knows has a doorman checking ID's.

Why is it that we can have people all around us, but yet feel so lonely? Any females want to come visit for a little while? Make a nice day.

No comments: