Monday, September 19, 2005

Weekend Update

Well I guess this is my weekend update. I know I posted a short one on Saturday, so I will expand just a bit. When we were discussing things Friday night we were talking about me paying off her car and then signing it over to her. She wanted some reassurance that I would continue to pay for it and not stop making the payments. I told her that since it was in my name I would be stupid to screw up my credit that way. Then I told her that she better not be counting on her getting the money from the car payment after it was paid off. From the way she reacted I think that was exactly what she was thinking. She got mad and said I didn't have to say that, it was just plain mean, I'm a bad person, etc... Oh well. I felt that it needed to be said, and from the reaction I'm sure it did. So on Friday night my wife said she didn't think she would be going anywhere and put on her pajamas and went to sleep on the couch. She stated that she may go to some yard sales in the morning but she would be home by 10 am at the latest so I could go for my ride. Her best friend called about 1030 pm so I had to go take the phone to her and wake her up. Then I went back to bed. I got woke up about 6 am Saturday morning by my daughter making noise and watching tv. Why can kids wake up so early on the weekends, but during the week it is a serious pain to get them up for school? So anyway I got up and went to get my coffee. The wife was gone and the blankets were all stacked up nice and neat. Her contacts were still in the bathroom so she had to be wearing her glasses, therefore she left in the middle of the night. My daughter wanted to know where momma was, so I told her that she probably went to some garage sales and would be back soon. I have come to the realization that if I want to know what time my wife will be back or how long she will be gone I need to double whatever time it is she tells me. So instead of her being back by 10 I figured she would be back around 12 or 1. I was close, 1230. She did call around 1130 to say that she found a bed and was getting it tied on the roof at that time and would be home shortly. She asked if we wanted lunch from somewhere and I asked where she was so I could figure out what she was near or would pass by. She told me vaguely where she was and I suggested a place with a drive thru. Then she said she didn't have the money and didn't want to drive around with the stuff on the roof of her car. Whatever. So I fed my daughter lunch and waited for her to show up. She finally shows up and I help her unload the bed. I finally went for my ride around 2 pm and got back about 4 pm. Lots of things to look at. It was a nice ride. So later on my daughter was asking why momma got another bed, so my wife decided to finally tell her what was going on. She wanted to tell her when she was alone instead of together with me. I still wonder why she wanted to do it that way, but I stuck to it and told her that we needed to both be there. She finally gave in and we told her that we were separating. She had lots of questions, and asked her momma the same questions I asked her. Of course she wouldn't answer them. But there was a lot of crying on her part, and we reassured her alot that it didn't have anything to do with her. We stressed that she would spend equal time with both of us. She is taking it better than I thought she would. In church yesterday she decided that she didn't want to sing with the choir, and just sat with me in the pew and snuggled up. After church I decided to go for another ride. It got shortened because I ran over some thorns and got two flat tires. F%^^&$*@((!!!!! I hate walking and pushing a bike with flat tires. I only had to walk a few miles though. My wife cooked dinner and then we went to our separate corners again. After we put our daughter to bed, she got ready and left. What a lovely day. At least I know that she will be moving out soon. Or at least I hope she will. She is planning on getting an apartment that she looked at so maybe shortly after we move into the new house. Time to go I guess. Make a nice day.

1 comment:

SCH said...

Yeah, when she started crying I wanted to take it back, but she had to be told sooner or later. Course she didn't get the real reason and probably never will, because I don't want her to think ill of her mother. I have no idea what her mom will tell her later on though. I guess I will deal with that when it comes up.