Thursday, September 01, 2005

Ring 2

Well long story short, I got the ring back last night. When I got home from work I made my daughters lunch for school today and made small talk with my wife while she was making dinner and also some Tapioca pudding. I wonder if she was trying to butter me up or something. After we ate, I started on my homework and she did something on her computer. Then she did some of her homework. Eventually she went back to the bedroom to shave her legs. I got to a problem that I needed help with and went back there to ask if she knew when our nephew would be home. She didn't. I walked away then turned around and asked her if she was planning on keeping the ring. She said she wasn't done with it yet and smiled. I informed her that I did not request that she put it on my dresser when she was done with it. I told her that she was indeed done wearing it and she needed to put it on my dresser. She nodded her head. I told her that the way things were headed showed that she did not want to be my wife and in the future if things changed I would have no problem putting it back on her finger, but for now she was done wearing my ring. Later I came back to the bedroom where she was studying her spanish and asked her for help on a problem. She helped me and we laughed and joked a little. We also watched Foxnews and made comments about some of the reporters and how society broke down, etc. Later I went to bed, she was still up doing homework or whatever. She came in the bedroom around 11 and did her routine. When she finished, she grabbed the blanket and her pillow and went to the couch. I overslept this morning and got woke up when she came in and laid down in bed. I guess that was a good enough wake up call. After my routine and shower as I was getting dressed I saw the ring on the dresser and broke down. I admit I cried for several minutes, before I managed to get it under control then go and wash my face. Why is it the little things can tear us up so bad? Tell your special someone that you love them and make a nice day!

3 comments:

KevinWByrd said...

Wow, I'm happy and sad now.
I'm happy you committed to it and made it clear that you have a line in the sand now and she needs to respect it.

I'm sad that she actually took it off and put it on your dresser.

I know you had the hope in your mind, but I'll admit I also had a little hope that she would realize you were taking the steps, and would change her mind.

I wanted her to change her mind.

You need to be strong dude.
Now it's time to push her buttons.
Not making her mad or being mean to her, but pushing her biological buttons. The girl buttons she can't control.
It's a little game known as, "He who cares the least!"
It kills most women.
Though even if it backfires you guys were already headed that way so you haven't broken anything.
I'll post again later to explain it.

Sorry man.

SCH said...

I know that game, but I suck at it. As far as the ring goes, she hadn't worn it in front of me for almost two weeks. That was the biggest reason I told her to give it back.

KevinWByrd said...

I suck at it too.

I always mess it up. I go stand offish for 2-3 days and then break down.

Even last night, Tami said something horrible to me.
She said "You don't respect me anyway".
And I was going to blow it off, but I got so mad I couldn't and within a half hour I blew up on her about respect, and what it is and how I show it, and that of course totally blew apart my "he who cares the least" run.