Thursday, September 15, 2005

Just another day

Well yesterday was ok. I went to the trough for lunch and pigged out. I needed a nap after lunch. When I got home from work, my daughter immediately started complaining to me that her mom wouldn't give her the money to buy a book at the school book fair. As I was changing out of my uniform, my wife informed me that she was taking our daughter to Books a Million to get a book and had an appointment to get her haircut also. She had an appointment at lunchtime, but the girl rescheduled it for later. I asked my wife why and she said she didn't know, but she didn't act pissed off like she would normally. I figure she either rescheduled it herself or forgot about it and had to reschedule it. Whatever. So she told me they would be back abour 5:30 and left. I went to the beach for about an hour, then came home and started on my homework. About 4:45 they got home, so I went ahead and started dinner. I wasn't going to start till about 5, but figured I might as well. After dinner I took my book outside and read for an hour or so until the bugs started to bother me, so I came in and went to the bedroom to read. A few minutes later my wife comes in and wants to tell me about her Biology stuff that she has found on the internet. I tried to ignore her without being rude, then she tried to make a joke about looking at squirmy things under the microscope and maybe she would blow some guy before class so she could swab her mouth and see them move around. I didn't laugh, then she got upset and kept telling me that it was just a joke. I told her I didn't really give a shit anymore because she had crossed the line some time back. She tried a few more things to get me to make her feel better or whatever, but I went ahead and ignored her then. After we put our daughter to bed I did my chores and went back to the bedroom and continued reading. She came in about 9 or so and got her stuff ready then told me she would be back. I ignored her. After she left I couldn't remember what I was reading so I gave up for the night and went to check all the doors. She left the garage door and the back door unlocked. Why can't she seem to be able to lock the doors? Or is she hoping someone will break in and take care of her problem (me)? I guess I need to start checking all the doors from now on.

Side note, the friend of mine who is in Baghdad is safe still. I got worried yesterday and emailed her to see if she was ok. She claims she is fine.

Time to do something about work. Make a nice day!

1 comment:

W2W said...

Glad to hear your friend is doing well.