Monday, September 12, 2005

What now?

Well this weekend wasn't too much fun. Saturday I had to come to work and move a server rack. Whee! That meant that I didn't get to go on my Saturday morning bike ride. I told my wife that I wanted to go after I got home. When I got home she wasn't there, neither was the nephew. As I started to unlock the door the phone started ringing. I managed to pick it up on the 3rd ring. It was my wife, calling to check on our daughter! I looked around and couldn't find her. She wasn't in the living room, the computer room, I looked in her room. No where. I was starting to get upset when I looked under her bed. There she was, sleeping. Needless to say I was extremely upset with my wife. She said I have only been gone a little while. So I asked how much was a little while? She didn't know, an hour, hour and a half. So what is she going to do when she moves out and takes our daughter with her? How often is my daughter going to be left all alone? What is it going to take to get my wife to see that she can't leave a 9 year old unattended for hours on end? So anyway she comes home shortly after that, claims she was "studying". Why can't she study at home? It would have been just her and our daughter. So I got some lunch going and was feeding my daughter when my wife comes in the dining room and says, I'll be back, I'm going to go study. I asked how long because I wanted to go for a ride and she knew it? She said she didn't know how long she would be gone. She would be back when she got back. I lost my temper and told her to just go. I didn't want to hear her, or see her at that point. No consideration for me what so ever! She finally comes home about 4:30. Too late for me to go on a ride since it takes about 2 hours. I was hungry and wanted to eat. Dinner wasn't finished till 6:45. I couldn't go then either because it would have been too dark. Lovely. To say I was not happy is an understatement. So Sunday morning, she leaves to go "study" before my daughter and I went to church, she didn't even tell my daughter to get dressed or do her hair. I think I can see where her priorities lie now. She told me before she left that odds were that she would be home before we were, so I could go for a ride. If she wasn't then I should call her and let her know we were home. We got home and miracle of miracles, she wasn't home! Big surprise!! It was 1230 so I gave her the benefit of doubt, and waited for her to get home. 1:15 she still wasn't home, so I called her. She started to give me some excuse about it, and I told her I didn't care, she just needed to get home like she said she would. She continued talking and I just hung up on her. I was still upset that I had to call her to remind her of her responsibilities. She finally gets home so I left for my ride about 1:45. It was a nice ride, lots of eye candy at the beach to look at. That little redhead was at the beach again, but once again I didn't have the courage to talk to her. When I got home my wife was gone again. Thankfully she had taken our daughter with her. She got home about 5 minutes after I did. I was still trying to cool off before I mowed the lawn. The rest of the day was pretty calm. She grilled steaks for dinner and I worked on homework afterward.When we put our daughter to bed at 8:30 I gave up on the homework for the night, and then checked my email and surfed a bit, then went to bed myself about 9. As I was doing my chores before bed, she walks up and says, she'll be back. I almost said Don't bother, but kept it too myself. I had to get up early this morning, so I was moving around and got my coffee to go after I was ready for work and went back to my room to watch a little bit of news. A few minutes after that my wife comes back to the bedroom and said that she thought I had left, too bad for her. She went back out to the couch. When I left, I didn't even try to be quiet about it. I don't care if it pisses her off or not, she can just deal with it. So that was my weekend. How was yours? Make a nice day.

1 comment:

SCH said...

I don't know if your husband will ever change, but would you want him to change? Was he this way when you married him? I hope you find something that will bring him home and make you happy. Beautiful women should always be happy!