Thursday, August 04, 2005

Cheating

What constitutes cheating? Having sex with someone other than your significant other? Shutting your significant other out of your life so that you can be with someone else, even though no sex is involved? Somewhere in the middle? At what point is the line crossed?

I came home from work yesterday, and as I come in the house my wife comes from the bedroom with her cell phone jammed in her ear, and hardly acknowledges me as she goes past me in the hall. Turns out she was in a hurry to get out in the screen room so she could continue her phone conversation in private. She hadn't planned anything for dinner, just left it up to me. Again. I wish I was strong enough to tell her to get the fuck out, because I've had enough. I don't know how much more I can take. Sometimes I feel like she is pushing me to see how far I will allow her to stomp all over me. The only thing is that she is starting to ignore our daughter in favor of her schoolwork, and then ignore that in favor of her friends. So her friends are more important than our daughter. It seems like I come home from working all day, just so she can go out at night to either the gym or school, or "out". Do I try to fight for custody? She has said she doesn't want my retirement, that she won't ask for the full amount of child support, etc. How long will that last? The sad part is that no matter how badly she treats me, I still can't seem to be able to talk to any women without feeling extremely guilty for being unfaithful. This is in spite of the fact that she will do it in front of me. After all, they are "just friends". Too bad these friends are more important to her than her family.

Thank you Em. Make a nice day.

No comments: