Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Ring

Well I got a little story about the ring, but it will wait for a few minutes. Yesterday I left work early so that I could go home and try to figure out my homework before class since we had a quiz scheduled. When I got there, she was making dinner for tonight so that she would be ahead of the game. After she had that started she started on last nights dinner. My nephew wasn't home, so I emptied the dishwasher and reloaded it while making small talk in the kitchen with my wife. When my nephew got home I got him to help me with my homework. Then we ate dinner then it was back to homework before I had to leave for class. I didn't finish my homework. I got to class and everyone else is there asking me, "Did you get them all?" Evidently I have been elected as the top math geek for the class. They were very dissappointed when I told them that I didn't and that I had been hoping they would have them so I could copy from them. Uh Oh. So the instructor comes in early, and I start asking him to do some of the problems before class started, so we started class about 5 minutes early. We ended up getting him to do almost all the problems. We didn't ask questions about the easy ones though. Good thing too, because the quiz he gave us came from two homework questions in the book. Both were really easy and I was done in 5 minutes. Kinda upset me that I worked so hard on the homework to just have the easy questions for a quiz. Course since I got a 100 on it, I'm happy and I won't complain. After class I went home and talked with the nephew for a little while then my wife came home and we all conversed for a little while. I went to bed and watched tv about 9:45. My wife came in and did some stuff about 10, then went back out and studied I presume. I finally turned the tv off about 1030 and fell asleep. My wife came in a little after midnight and did what I presume was her nightly routine. Then took the blanket and her pillow out with her to the couch. I heard the back door open and assumed she went out for the night. 10 minutes later I heard her cough, so I guess she didn't go out last night. Whoopee! Hang with me a little longer I'm getting there. I get up this morning and go in the kitchen, feed the cat, and get my coffee. She gets up off the couch and goes in the bedroom and lays down in bed. I know the couch is uncorftable, but it is her choice. I'm not forcing her to sleep there. After I finish my coffee I go shave and shower and get ready for work, then wake her up so she can get our daughter going. Before I left this morning I asked her if she was going to be home at lunch. She told me that she would probably be going up to the school. She told me to come in the bedroom, where I told her that I didn't think she would ever want to be my "wife" again, so she was done wearing my ring. It wasn't a question, it was a statement. She got a tear in her eye, and I told her to please put it on my dresser. Then I left. I didn't look back either. So I guess I will find out if she put it on my dresser when I go home for lunch or if she will be there wanting to talk to me. I reckon I'll see then.

I keep forgetting to post those pictures, but I promise I will post my ugly face soon, so if you have a nice monitor you might want to find one that you don't mind getting broken by my ugly mug. You've been warned.

Make a nice day!

3 comments:

KevinWByrd said...

ROCK OUT MAN!!!
YEAH!
You go man!
Throw it down HAAAA-ZAAAHHH!
That's cool.
That's the way to do it.
I was forced to do something similar last night with my fiancee.
I basicly sat her down and said everything I wanted and did not worry about it hurting her feelings or not.
I did what I had to do.
And so did you.

W2W said...

Good for you for standing up for yourself and not backing down. Remember us girls will do anything to trick you men to doing what we want. You are now on the the right path - now just stay on it!

I know I am going to woman hell for being honest about the things we will do to me. : )

SCH said...

I guess I am going to have to turn off the anonymous comments. I didn't want to, but I don't like SPAM!!!