Thursday, August 11, 2005

Stay out!

Well yesterday was fun. When I got home from work, I told my wife I wanted to talk to her about something, so she came back to my bedroom when I was changing out of my uniform. I informed her that her late night returns were causing me to lose sleep and it wasn't fair to me. So in order for me to be able to get a decent nights sleep if she was going to be out later than 1 am then she shouldn't come back until it was time for me to get up. She started doing the what if I stuff. I told her I didn't care what she did, as long as she doesn't wake me up anymore. I told her that when she opens the screen door and then the front door that always wakes me up. They are rather noisy. I told her if she could come in through the back door and not make any noise then fine, but I was tired of getting woken up and not being able to get back to sleep. After this discussion I told her I was going for a walk on the beach since I had been cooped up inside all day long. She said she had planned on going. I told her to get our daughter rounded up and dressed appropriately and we could all go, but I was going. She didn't want to do that. I left without waiting for anymore talk. When I got home around 5 she had decided to get pizza for dinner and went to go get it. I took a shower and got dressed then checked my email. After dinner I did some more stuff on the computer and she went out to the swing in the backyard and laid down. Eventually she came in when it started to get dark and it was time to put our daughter to bed. I watched tv till about 9 then headed for bed. My wife then asked me, "What time do I have to be home?" I told her I didn't give a damn when she came home, just don't wake me up coming in. If she was going to be later than 1:15, 1:30 then she might as well just stay the hell out. And I went to bed. She came back to the bedroom shortly after that and got a couple things then went back out to the living room. Then just like clockwork, shortly after 10 her cell phone rings, and 10 minutes later, I heard the door open and close. I didn't get woken up till about 4:50 this morning when the screen door opened. I don't know if she sat out in her car and waited or she "hung out" at her "friends" house till it was time, and I don't really care anymore, but at least she didn't wake me up so that I couldn't go back to sleep afterwards. So is it a minor victory? I feel like it is a step in the right direction. My horoscope basically told me that what I did was right and the results for today should be good also. Not that I put a whole lot of stock in astrology, but it is fun to see what it says. Make a nice day!

2 comments:

W2W said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!! You did good. :) I know it is hard, but it is only fair to you. Hang in there!!!

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for a while now and never commented before. I think what you wife (if you can call her that) is awful! She obviously doesn't realize what a great husband she has. You deserve much better and I think that you are starting to realize that. I hope everything works out for you and your daughter.