Wednesday, August 17, 2005

House

I have been contemplating buying a house after we finally separate or divorce. Problem is, this area that I am in is supposedly #3 on the hottest market list right now. That translates into a 3 bedroom 2 bath house that was built in the early 60's with no yard to speak of and no upgrades costing close to $400K. That is way out of my price range. The military just isn't paid that well. I could search for one farther away, but doing that would mean in order to find one that I can afford that isn't a trailer, I would have a daily drive to work of almost an hour. I can't afford the gas to do that. Besides I like living 2 blocks from the beach. The only problem with staying where I am is that when I retire from the AF in 3 years, I will have to find somewhere else to live. Maybe we will get some more hurricanes and a bunch of people will decide to move somewhere else because of them.

So this morning my wife asks me when I want to work on the divorce paperwork. I have been asking her to start on the paperwork for awhile now and she kept saying that she wanted to finish her class last semester before even thinking about it. Well she finished it and then yesterday she started her new classes. I told her that when she wanted to work on the paperwork then she could bring it out and ask me to work on it with her. So I had a quiet morning other than that. Does anyone know anything about rotating custody? How it affects tax returns, etc? I guess I need to go talk to the legal office about it and see if they know anything. I guess I need to do some work. Make a nice day and tell someone you care for them.

1 comment:

W2W said...

I can understand how expensive houses are. I am in Panama City Beach & no one can afford to live here.