Monday, August 22, 2005

Dreaming in color

When I was much younger I used to have a lot of dreams in color. I would never remember these dreams until I had the Deja vu thing happen, and then my dream would come true in what seemed like slow motion. As I got older this happened more infrequently. The reason I am telling you this is because Saturday night it happened again.So far it hasn't come true, and I doubt that it will since I can still remember it. The dream was, I was sitting in church and a FHP officer came in with my nephew. When they came over to me, I got up and went to the back. The officer then informed me that my wife had been killed. That is pretty much where the dream ends, other than me informing the congregation what had happened and then leaving. I don't remember how she was killed in the dream though. It seems like there were a couple of different splits from the dream about that. One was a car accident, another was a murder at the shelter that she volunteers her time feeding the homeless. I guess it could have been subliminal desires that fed that dream, but I don't know.

So Saturday evening was quiet for the most part. My wife went to the beach Saturday afternoon and stepped on a wasp which stung her, so she came back earlier than she wanted. I had to check her foot and I put a bag of frozen peas on it to keep the swelling down. I proceeded to make most of the dinner, Steamed Broccoli, baked potatoes, rolls, and salads. I had made the marinade for the steaks and put them in earlier in the day when I got back from my bike ride. My wife came out and cooked the steaks on the grill. I admit, I'm not a grill guy. I can never get anything cooked right on the damn thing. So we sat and ate and had a nice dinner together. Then afterwards my wife told me she was going back to the beach for a while. Fine, see ya. I went to work on some more of my homework. I actually managed to get some decent sleep Saturday night. Sunday morning I feel my wife get out of bed early and go get some coffee. Then I hear a bang and the sound of something breaking. All I could think of was I hope that wasn't the coffee pot again. Then maybe it was her dropping a coffee cup. Turns out it was a glass the nephew brought with him. He worked at a restaurant and snagged a couple of the tempered glasses. He got them because they are damn near impossible to break. He said that he had seen them thrown against a wall and not break. Well my wife knocked one over on the counter and broke it. It didn't fall to the ground, or the sink, it just tipped over and broke. No wonder we never use real glasses anymore. Plastic cups for us. So when I came out to get coffee, she is writing a note that she broke the glass and to be careful of glass shards. She was going to the shelter to feed homeless people. My dream didn't come back to me at that time yet. She left with me telling her to be careful again. So anyway, I am sitting in church and my dream comes back to me. It wasn't quite right, but it was close enough to trigger my dream memory. I got really scared and kept looking to see if a FHP came in the church. One never did, but it scared me just the same. When I got back I decided to go to the beach for some sun. My wife told me that she wanted to go get some new glasses and then hit Wal-Mart if I wanted to go. HUH?! Ok. She said she wanted to leave in about 45 minutes, and since I was already sunscreened up, I decided to go ahead and go to the beach. My nephew decided to go with me and get some swimming done. Works for me. We were there for about an hour. He had gotten out of the water and we were heading to the car and saw something pink down the beach a little ways and he was interested in checking it out. So we walked down toward it and then saw something a little farther down that we had to check out. DAMN! This girl was probably 6' 3" and thin. Not anorexic thin, but not "big-boned" either. Wow. We went home shortly after that. My wife was waiting just inside the door when we got back. She had that look that said, "I have been waiting and I'm not happy." Tough. If it had been just me, she wouldn't have waited. So My nephew and I both showered and dressed to go. We made it to Lenscrafters and helped her pick out her new frames. Then the waiting began. We waited for about a half hour then my wife told us to go across the street to the mall and she would call me when she was ready. So we went and walked around the mall. My nephew saw a bunch of stuff that he liked, but since there is no "doorman" at the mall to check id's he wasn't touching. Good idea.After our third lap we decided to go back and wait with my wife. She was just finishing up when we got there, so we headed to Wally World. By this time we were all hungry, and we passed her favorite BBQ place. We almost stopped and ate there but skipped it. We split up at the store, my wife took our daughter and I stuck with my nephew. We came across some real life honest to goodness trailer trash. This woman, was in a bikini and had a BIG tattoo on her lower back. Most women have pretty lower back tattoos. This woman had a naked woman spread out on her lower back. When I say naked, it was all there for everyone to see. Shaved. She wasn't even pretty. This post is getting way too long. Time to shorten it. We went home, had dinner, daughter played in the sprinkler, we worked on homework. I ended up having to get my wife to help me with some word problems and find the stupid shit I couldn't figure out. Other than that it was a quiet evening. Sorry for taking up so much time to bore you to death. Take the time to tell someone you love them today. Make a nice day. And hugs to everyone.

No comments: