Friday, July 22, 2005

Lunch- Ham and Cheese

Well guess what I had for lunch? I went home for lunch about 15 minutes earlier than I usually do to find that my wifes car was gone. No big deal. As I'm unlocking the door, my daughter opens it. WTF?!?! So I asked "Where's momma?" "She went for a wlk on the beach." "How long has she been gone?" "A half hour." No looking at the clock or anything. So naturally I ask, "What time did she leave?" "I don't know. I didn't look at the clock when she left." So how come she said a half hour. I wonder if momma is telling her that if daddy comes home before she gets there, just tell me that she has only been gone a half hour. If so, that is a pretty shitty thing to do to your own kid. She's only 9 years old!! So when my wife did get home about 15 minutes later, (right about the time that I normally get home) I proceed to let her know that her leaving our daughter home alone does not make me happy. So she comes up with several reasons why its ok. (She was left alone when she was 7. She also has 4 siblings that were with her then.) She didn't want to go, she is sick and didn't feel like going. There were several. It still pisses me off. I cooled down after a while, and asked if she wanted to go to Olive Garden for dinner which she readily agreed to. As long as we go early enough to avoid having to wait. Thats fine with me. We are in Florida where all the old people are who end up eating so early that they have breakfast the night before!

So I get back to work and I guess I just looked unhappy, because my boss starts asking me questions about how things are going at home, etc. So far he is the only person that I have confided everything in. I have told him stuff that I haven't put here. Course there is some stuff that is in here that I won't tell him. I think I am starting to spend too much time typing shit into this blog. My typing ability has increased quite a bit recently. Time to go.

TacoGirl, Thank you for your insight. I realize that she has to work things out for herself, and for that matter so do I. I just have to keep being happy that I wake up every morning. Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: