Thursday, July 21, 2005

Title

Wow, good title today. Just didn't feel like trying to think up something interesting. When I got home from work yesterday, I asked my wife if she was going to attend a wedding that we have been invited to in Sept. She didn't answer me , so I put down that two people would be attending. Then she told me, "You can take a date!" So I asked her to find me a female to take. She starts going on about the 17 year old girl who sits in front of her in her Statistics class. The girls mom is in the class also. I asked her what the mom would think if she asked the girl if she would go on a date with her husband. She said, "I'll just ask the mom if its ok with her." Then I told her I didn't want another woman to go with me, to which she responded that I could do so much better. We went back and forth like that a few times. I'm thinking that she is still going through some mild depression from a midlife crisis. I wish she could see herself through my eyes, just for a few minutes. I hope that she doesn't continue to feel the desire to move out and leave me, or if she does that she decides that she was wrong about it and returns to me soon. Am I insecure about her? Yes I am. I am very afraid of losing her, but I realize that she isn't a possession, but a human being that decides for herself what she needs to do. She just doesn't realize how much of my heart she has. So anyway, after she went to school, I grilled some hamburgers for me and my daughter for dinner. I didn't realize that my wife had purchased oversize buns and when I cooked the patties they were rather small compared to the buns. Lovely. My daughter wasn't feeling well last night and we were out of the kids Robitussin stuff, so we went to the store to get some, and she was all paranoid about making someone else sick. Then she didn't want to take it when we got home. I got a little ticked off at her, since she is 9 not 3. I told her that if she didn't want to take it that was fine with me, but that I didn't want to hear her whine or complain about not feeling good since it was her choice that would cause her to be miserable. She decided to go ahead and take it. About 9:45 my wife called and asked if I had gotten some medicine, since she was picking up a prescription for herself on the way home from class. I told her that I had and assumed that she would be home shortly since the pharmacy she uses is right down the street about a mile. She didn't get home till 10:45. I was almost asleep by then, so it woke me up when she flipped on the light. Thanks. This morning as I am drinking my coffee, my wife got up early enough to come out and talk to me. Hmm. So she started telling me about some stuff that happened in class last night, and how she did on her quiz, etc. It was nice having company in the morning again. Well I need to post this and get back to work. Make a nice day!

No comments: