Friday, July 29, 2005

TGIF

Thank God its Friday! I am ready for the weekend to start. The meeting I had to attend yesterday afternoon was a waste of time. He initially directed us to get this information, then when we present it to him, it isn't what he wants to hear so he has to justify each and every little thing to us. We didn't give a damn if he felt justified in doing some of the things he did or not. He asked for the information, we gave it to him. We finally finished up around 1730. I got home shortly before 1800. When I was changing clothes my wife came in, and said something to the effect that, it wasn't what I thought and there is a reason she wasn't wearing her wedding ring. So she goes in the bathroom and comes out holding her ring and walking towards me. I got really scared thinking she was going to hand it to me and tell me she would no longer be wearing it. My heart started racing and I started to lose all thought processes. Then she gets close enough to me and starts shaking it. Turns out the diamond is loose. Well shit! What the hell was she thinking scaring the crap out of me like that?! Maybe she just wanted to see what my reaction would be. So anyway, she went to the gym shortly after that. My daughter and I had some leftovers. Actually my daughter refused to eat leftovers so I had them and she had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich that she requested. OK. Not the most nutritious dinner, but at least she ate the whole thing. When momma came home later she brought a salad that she picked up at the store for her dinner. Our daughter conned her into giving her some of it. Which is very surprising since she has almost completely refused to eat salad for many years. I guess she was really hungry. She just didn't want me cooking for her I guess. When she went to bed I did too, since I had to get up early for another meeting. This one started at 0700 this morning. Someone needs to start thinking about getting a damn life! So today I have my wifes ring in my pocket so that I can get the stone tightened at lunch, and have been trying to find a local jewelry store that can do it while I wait. I guess as long as I don't think about things I will be ok. Make a nice day and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: