Friday, July 15, 2005

The world is starting to spin

Last night was interesting. When my wife came to bed, she started talking to me about her living with me still. She said she felt guilty because she sees how it makes me feel. I thought "Hey at least your conscience works!" I didn't say it, just thought it. We went on talking for a while, I think she was fishing for me to throw her out or something. I told her that she could stay with me as long as she wanted, it was her choice. I also told her again that I loved her but I didn't own her and didn't control her. So it was her choice whether she wanted to stay living in my house or find somewhere else to live. A little bit after that she told me that I should start seeing other women. Yeah right. I'll run right out and have an "affair" I told her I felt guilty just talking to other women. Then she told me that I sure didn't feel guilty about talking to my friend "Angel". I know she has told me that she forgives me for that indiscretion, but they way she said it told me that she still harbors ill feelings about it. It's not like I actually did anything with her. Just some explicit emails and fantasy. When she told me that it hurt her I stopped talking to Angel completely. I didn't even send her an email telling her goodbye or explaining anything. Just stopped. So anyway last night when she said that I again apologized for my actions in that and told her again that it wasn't that I intended to cheat on her or anything. So we continued talking, and I asked her for any tips she might have on dating. She said "Wear a condom!" WTF? I told her I wanted dating tips, not fucking tips. To which she said, "It's pretty much the same thing nowadays." Then added, "Not that I know anything about that." I almost asked her if she wanted to go on a date right then. I didn't though. We talked some more and then finally went to sleep. I thought of something that may help us move on with our lives this morning. She has Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's, while I have Tuesday's, Thursday's, and Saturday's to do what we want. Be that school go out, or whatever. With Sunday's being the "family day". I guess it would also be sort of an "open marriage" as well. I sure am using a lot of quotation marks today. I guess I will need to bring this up to my wife and see if she is willing to try that. Make a nice day for yourself and remember, "Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life. For better or worse. God puts us all in each other's lives to impact one another in some way. Look for God in others."

No comments: