Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Yuck

Had a decent evening yesterday. My daughter played with the neighbor boy until he and his dad went somewhere. It was time for her to come in anyway. I sat and read the first 5 or six chapters of the new Harry Potter book. My wife came home from class and we chatted a little. Actually she was asking me questions while I was trying to read. Why does she do that? She won't talk to me if I am sitting there waiting for her to converse with me. She has to wait until I am watching a TV show that I want to watch or reading a book. Do all women do that? I grew up, pretty much the only male in the house. I lived with my mom, sister, and later on, two step sisters. I don't remember them doing that to me. Course I didn't know women farted until I got to my first duty station in Germany either! That was a shocker. My sponsor picked me up at the airport in Hamburg and as she merged onto the autobahn, she leaned over and let one rip. It was bad too. Here was this girl I had known for maybe a half hour letting one rip in a closed car. I was definitely in shock. Of course it was a tactical unit though, so she was tougher than a lot of guys. She actually carried an M-60 when we went to the field. Enough reminiscing though. I guess I should really pretend I am doing some work. Make a nice day!

No comments: